3/8 Athletics Update
Upper School Boys Soccer, Girls Ultimate, Crew and Track just wrapped up week 2 of spring practices…while Middle School 7/8th Boys Ultimate, 7/8th Girls Ultimate, Tennis and Track are just underway! We had some sun…some rain…some wind…and even a little snow. A typical Seattle spring week!
You may be wondering…where do all of our EPS teams practice? Great question! This spring EPS is utilizing Wilburton Park, Robinswood Park, Newport Hills Park, Marymoor Park, the Lake Washington High School Track and Highland Community Center Tennis Courts. We are so lucky to be living in the Pacific NW, and specifically, near some pretty amazing facilities!
Upcoming Athletic Events
- Wednesday, March 13
- Boys Varsity Soccer vs. U-Prep @ Shoreline Center Field B, 3:30 PM
- Girls Varsity Ultimate vs. U-Prep @ Shoreline Center Field A, 3:30 PM
- Friday, March 15
- Boys Varsity Soccer vs. Bush @ Wilburton Hill Park, 4:00 PM
- Saturday, March 16
- US Track at the Seattle Academy Relays @ Shoreline Stadium, 10:00 AM
March is National Athletic Trainer Awareness Month!
Athletic training encompasses the prevention, examination, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of emergent, acute or chronic injuries and medical conditions. If you haven’t had the pleasure of meeting or working with EPS’s amazing Athletic Trainer, Tammy Marton, you are both lucky (no injuries!) and unlucky (have I mentioned how incredible she is?). We are fortunate to have an Athletic Trainer who is so passionate, confident and knowledgeable in her field and also cares so much for the students at EPS. #WeLoveTammy
- What Tammy has done extends beyond just one event or moment. She is always there for you no matter what you are going through. Not only is she a great athletic trainer but she is a great person to chat with as a friend. One particular situation for me was my insane bruising under my toe. She explained what happened to me and when I freaked out she helped calm me down (through the use of some great humor). -Ana ‘22
Can’t wait to cheer on our Eagles with you on the sidelines!
Please contact Director of Athletics Kim Eng with any questions.