Advisory & Learning Support
Support at Eastside Prep begins with our teachers. Our teachers have close, individualized relationships with their students. In addition to the classroom expertise of our teachers, EPS has a variety of tools we use to meet student needs. These include student advisory groups, our Guided Study Hall program, individual and group counseling, and parenting education. In addition to the three Learning Support Instructors who teach in our Guided Study Hall Program, we employ a full-time Learning Specialist and a full-time Counselor who are available to assist students, faculty and parents with any support they may need throughout the year.
- Learning Support classes for students to attend during their study halls.
- Case management for students with diagnosed learning challenges.
- Classroom accommodations.
- Consultation for any student experiencing academic difficulty.
- Referrals for content area tutors.
- Ongoing support to Eastside Prep parents and faculty.
Learning Support Services
Any student experiencing academic difficulty (whether or not the student has an identified learning disability) may utilize the Learning Support Program for:
- Reading and writing support, study skills and learning strategy instruction.
- To secure “reasonable accommodations.”
- Academic counseling as needed.
Guided Study Hall
Guided Study Hall (GSH) is a fee-based service internal to Eastside Preparatory School that provides additional support to students grades five through twelve. GSH varies greatly from a traditional study hall in that each student receives tailored, individual instruction from Learning Support Specialists who identify methods and techniques to assist students achieve success.