Mission, Vision, and Values
The mission of Eastside Preparatory School is to guide students to:
- think critically,
- act responsibly,
- lead compassionately, and
- innovate wisely.
Inspire students to create a better world.
- Balance: We believe that the demands of our school should allow all students to manage time and tasks in order to balance work, outside interests, family, and other demands.
- Understanding: We enable our students to develop the skills, aptitude, and spirit to actively pursue life-long learning.
- Self-knowledge: We enable our students to understand their own strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes, and learning styles, in the belief that a person who is self-aware is not only a better learner but also demonstrates more compassion and respect for others and for the world.
- Respectfulness: We believe that respect for self, learning, and others is essential to the creation and the perpetuation of a learning community. We guide our students to value and seek out diverse perspectives as a way of growing themselves.
- Dialogue: We believe that all communication should be clear, consistent, and respectful. In a learning community, communication should promote open dialogue.
- Flexibility: We believe it is essential that our students learn to manage ambiguity (being change, uncertainty, how to act, and not act in uncertainty) in a rapidly changing world where human experience is complex.
Twenty-first century students deserve a twenty-first century education. At Eastside Prep we use our resources to recruit and retain educators who understand how learning has changed and who commit themselves to the constructive use of contemporary technology tools. Our campus is designed to reflect a practical, urban reality. We live in a world that is much larger than a campus – and we believe that our students should experience as much of it as possible.