Counseling support at EPS is available to any student, parent, faculty or staff member concerned about a student. Our school counselor is involved in a variety of formal and informal conversations about students in all aspects of their school lives. Specifically, services offered in the counseling center are: individual counseling, group counseling, parenting groups, sharing of resources, assessment and referral, advising/problem solving/supporting, and crisis management.
For more information, please contact Dr. Kelly Moore, Director of Student Support Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-822-5668, ext. 361.
- The Blessing of a B Minus: Using Jewish Teachings to Raise Resilient Teenagers. Wendy Mogel, Ph.D.
- Blessings of a Skinned Knee by Wendy Mogel, Ph.D.
- Parenting from the Inside Out by Daniel Siegel
- Staying Connected to your Teenager by Michael Riera
- The Curse of the Good Girl: Raising Authentic Girls with Courage and Confidence by Rachel Simmons (available in EPS library)
- Parenting Teens with Love and Logic : Preparing Adolescents for Responsible Adulthood. by Foster Cline (available in the EPS library)
- How Girls Thrive : An Essential Guide for Educators (and Parents). by Joanne Deak, Ph.D. Washington, D.C. : National Association of Independent Schools, 1998. (available in the EPS library)
- Getting to calm : Cool-headed strategies for parenting tweens + teens. by Laura Kastner. Seattle, WA : Parent Map, c2009. (available in the EPS library)
- Raising Cain : Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys. by Daniel Kindlon and Michael Thompson (available in the EPS Library)
- The Pressured Child : Freeing Our Kids From Performance Overdrive and Helping Them Find Success in School and Life. Michael Thompson with Teresa H. Barker.
- The Available Parent: Radical Optimism in Raising Teens and Tweens by John Duffy (available in the EPS Library)