Frequently Asked Questions
Grade 6 – 18 newly enrolling students (36 returning students)
Grade 9 – Approximately 30 newly enrolling students (50 returning students)
Students are welcome to apply for grades 7, 8, 10, and 11, though admission to these grades is based on attrition of currently enrolled students and is uncommon.
Additionally, student self-advocacy is encouraged and cultivated, particularly through our Guided Study Hall (GSH) program. GSH meets as frequently as other courses in a schedule (2-3 times per week for 85 minutes) and provides a 4:1 student to faculty environment in which learning strategies and executive functioning skills are cultivated.
- Regular drills for unforeseen incidents help us to ensure that we can always be prepared in any event.
- Safety and security discussions occur in advisory groups; as a preparatory school, we help students to prepare for many potential situations they will encounter in their lives.
- Security personnel coverage both during the school day and after hours helps us to bring specialized support in addition to the vigilance of all school employees.
- Two full-time school counselors help to ensure that experiencing social and emotional safety is an aspect in which all students are supported.
- All employees, as well as substitute teaching staff and volunteers who will not be directly supervised while on campus, have gone through background checks prior to their engagement with our school community.
- Key fob access for entry doors on an auto-locking schedule helps us to reduce risk by limiting entry points to campus buildings.
September 1, 2019 | Application portal for the 2020-2021 school year opens in Ravenna Hub
January 16, 2020 | Standard Application Deadline
February 5, 2020 | Financial Aid Application Deadline
February 21, 2020 | EPS communicates Upper School admissions decisions at noon through Ravenna & email
March 20, 2020 | EPS communicates Middle School admissions decisions at noon through Ravenna & email