Community Briefing: May 20
A briefing will be sent to the entire community every school day at this time.
EPS Parent Block Parties
EPS Virtual Block Parties are happening on May 27 & 28! These virtual neighborhood meetings will be open to all community members. Watch for more details and sign-up opportunities in the Thursday, May 21 Community Briefing.
New Habits and Humorous Experiences
- What is the most positive habit or behavior that you’ve developed since being quarantined?
- What’s the funniest thing that’s happened in/to your family since March 2?
|Best New Habit So Far||Funniest Experience So Far|
|Up with the sun and spending some time for just me. What I do varies but includes some movement (yoga) and meditation 🧘♂️||Haircuts 💇♂️
Funniest may be my son wanting to do it himself and then starting with shaving off his sideburns.
|One positive habit has been weekly game time with my family. It involves people in four different time zones.||While helping family members stay active, I suggested various household items which could be used for weights. One of my family members walked out and returned to the workout with two matching bottles of wine as their weights.|
|Getting outside everyday and really taking in the surroundings, enjoying and appreciating them more than ever!||Our daughter is at the stage where she laughs at anything. Someone sneezes, she laughs. Getting her diaper changed: hilarious.|
|Cooking healthy meals and going for a walk every day.||Scary or funny—you decide. Realizing I’m living with Hannibal Lecter (My husband sporting his new sleep device).|
REMINDER: Recreate a Masterpiece Competition
Museums around the world are working to build community and we invite you to join in on the fun! The visual arts faculty challenge you to recreate a work of art with objects and people in your home. Send your recreations to Brian Hutcheson. Deadline is June 1.
Here’s how it works:
- Choose your favorite artwork (please avoid nudity and keep it school appropriate).
- Find things lying around your home and get help from your family and pets.
- Recreate the artwork with those items, your family, and pets.
(Bonus points if the work of art your recreate is part of the collection of a museum in Washington State – SAM, TAM, The Frye, etc.)
To honor the Class of 2020, we’re introducing Senior Spotlight! We’ll include information on two to three seniors in each entry.
- Fitness Fun with the EPS Community, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3:30 PM to 4:00 PM
- Hair Fiasco Contest: Entries due by May 28
- Spring Term Weekly Schedule: April 13 to June 10, 2020
- EPSRemote Handbook
- EPSRemote Archive: This is where we house resources and curate communications while we are not holding classes on campus. [password: EPS1920]