INSIGHT: Fall Season is Annual Fund Season
By Vickie Baldwin, Director of Institutional Advancement
By now I’m sure you’ve heard about the Annual Fund multiple times. (If you haven’t, please let me know—we’ve clearly missed an opportunity!) We’ve been hosting Head’s Table meetings since the first full week of school, Dr. Macaluso has sent a few emails, and grade-level representatives have sent one as well. You’re hearing so much right now because we’re making a concerted effort to request and receive pledges by the middle of this month. And I promise, once we reach our goal we’ll stop talking about fundraising…for the entire rest of this school year! In case it helps, here are a few reminders about the Annual Fund:
- The Annual Fund supports this year’s operating budget and covers everything from faculty professional development to financial aid to utility bills. If it’s part of our budget, it’s covered by the Annual Fund.
- Donations to the Annual Fund are a gift, so they are tax deductible and can be matched if your employer has a matching program.
- As always, we’re requesting pledges before mid-November but payments can be made at any time that is convenient for you (on or before May 31, 2019).
- Our request this year is $2700 per student. That’s the same request as last year.
- Participation matters! Last year we had 100% faculty, staff and Trustee participation and 96% participation among our parent community. We’ve already reached 100% with faculty, staff and Trustees for this year, and we’re well on our way towards our participation goal with parents as well. We hope you’ll make a gift that is meaningful for your family.
- We’re just five days away from our annual phone-athon. You can Avoid a Call by completing our online pledge form today (PLEDGE FORM LINK).
And here are our promises to you:
- This is our only fundraising effort. We won’t have an auction in the spring or ask you to buy cookies or wrapping paper.
- We won’t put a thermometer on the campus to show our progress or create giving competitions between classes. We trust that you want to support the school, and we certainly hope you will!
I hope you’ll support the Annual Fund, thereby supporting the faculty and students of Eastside Prep.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org; and thank you for your consideration.