Parent Care at EPS
We are thrilled to bring Parent CARE back for another semester. We invite all EPS parents, guardians, and grandparents to join us in this 12-week live, online course that will kick-off kick-off on Tuesday, February 15 at 6:30 PM (for the evening class) and Thursday, February 17 at 9:00 AM (for the morning class). We also offer the same course taught in Mandarin on Tuesdays at 9:00 AM. Each session is 90 minutes. Parent CARE was so popular last fall that it was quickly waitlisted, so we are excited to bring this back again to give everyone a chance to join.
Parent CARE is a 12-week, science based, social emotional curriculum for parents, guardians, and grandparents that is rooted in the conviction that we can increase the well-being of our youth through:
- Improving our interpersonal relationship and communication skills
- Strengthening a sense of community among parents and caregivers
- Deepening our own sense of safety and belonging
- Growing our confidence and competence with emotions (ours and our loved ones)
- Increasing our own mindfulness and compassion skills
The series is structured through the framework of the “ME, YOU, and WE” of relationship building. In each session we will learn:
- Relational mindfulness practices
- The science of emotions and behavior underlying emotions in ourselves, and our loved ones
- What is going on “under the hood” of ourselves, our children and our loved ones so we can respond in more intentional and compassionate ways
- Ways to parent from our deepest values rather than our greatest fears or based on “default culture”
- Ways to deepen our sense of belonging and community – we create a village together
If you have questions about this activity, please email Dr. Kelly Moore.